Few days ago we have reported that Google started to deliver Android 4.2.2 to end users. However if you were curious person you probably already have installed Android 4.2.2 on your Nexus 7 by following our how to guide. If you didn’t do that, and you maybe have problems with OTA (Over The Air) update or you didn’t even received the update, don’t worry because this tutorial will show you how to manually update Nexus devices to latest 4.2.2 Android version. We will be covering one very simple method and in this case you do not need permission to Root your device in order to manually update Nexus device.
Recovery procedure and command ADB
- Nexus 7 | Download Wi-Fi (47.7MB) | Download 3G (53MB)
- Nexus 10 (47.6MB)
- Galaxy Nexus Takju (46.4MB)
- Galaxy Nexus Yakju (44MB)
- Nexus 4 (51MB)
Programs you need:
- Android SDK
- ADB drivers installed (Android SDK present)
Procedure to manually update Nexus device
Step 1: Turn off your Nexus device
Step 2: Now Turn it on again while holding down the “Volume up” and “Volume down” and “Power” buttons together.
Step 3: When the fastboot appears, press “Volume up“, select “Recovery” and press the “Power” button to confirm.
Step 4: When you see a triangle with Android on your screen, press “Volume up” and the “Power” button at the same time (just click on them one at a time).
Step 5: At this point you should be in recovery mode. Using the “Volume” buttons select “apply update from adbe” and confirm it by pressing “Power” button.
Step 6: Now it comes the time when you need to connect your device to the PC via USB cable in order to manually update nexus device.
Step 7: Now copy the file you downloaded at the beginning of this tutorial to the root folder of device you want to manually update and then type one of below commands, depending on which type of Nexus device you have (don’t type bold text, just italic):
- For Nexus 7 Wi-Fi | adb sideload 6ece895ecb23.signed-nakasi-JDQ39-from-JOP40D.6ece895e.zip
- For Nexus 7 3G | adb sideload 357318e165a8.signed-nakasig-JDQ39-from-JOP40D.357318e1.zip
- For Nexus 10 | adb sideload eaef14432ff5.signed-mantaray-JDQ39-from-JOP40D.eaef1443.zip
- For Galaxy Nexus Takju | adb sideload 472aafeb9fe3.signed-takju-JDQ39-from-JOP40D.472aafeb.zip
- For Galaxy Nexus Yakju | adb sideload 07501b11ad3b.signed-yakju-JDQ39-from-JOP40D.07501b11.zip
- For Nexus 4 | adb sideload de8b8d101614.signed-occam-JDQ39-from-JOP40D.de8b8d10.zip
Wait until Nexus manual update is finished and then your device will restart. After this you can continue enjoying in Android Jelly Bean 4.2.2