The year 2014 was the year of smartphones as there were some huge announcements by various manufacturers around the world. Smartphone market is flourishing rapidly and there is a massive competition between manufacturers in retaining their identity. There are different ranges of smartphones. There are those which have high-end integrated hardware along with a high price tag and there are also those which have low-end hardware with a low price tag. As a matter of fact, it cannot be denied that high-end devices will have high prices. But in 2014, there emerged a company named “OnePlus” with a high-end budget smartphone called “OnePlus1”. It was a huge success by this smartphone giant as the phone was out of stock a number of times during the year 2014. Keeping in mind, the extreme success of OnePlus1, the company started concentrating on the successor of its first smartphone and named it as “OnePlus2”.
OnePlus2 is not only a high-end smartphone but also a budget one. It costs just for $329 and having a glance at the specifications, you will not have a consent on this price tag. The phone features a quad-core Cortex A53 processor with latest chipset by Qualcomm known as “Snapdragon 810” along with Adreno430 GPU. Some of the prominent features of the phone are as below.
- A fingerprint sensor with a quick access feature.
- Dual SIM Standby functionality.
- A 5.5 inch LCD Capacitive Display with 401ppi density and Corning Gorilla Glass 4 protection for screen.
- Quad-core CortexA53 and CortexA57 Processor.
- 4 GB of RAM for fast memory operations.
- Latest version of Android i.e. Android Lollipop 5.1.
- A customized UI built on top of Android Lollipop called “Oxygen OS”.
- A 13 MP shooter camera with dual LED flash, HDR and optical image stabilization. There is also a 5 MP front facing camera for selfies. Both of these cameras can record HD videos.
- There is also the latest USB type-C reversible connector which is in fact, a brand new integration in any smartphone.
- Battery is non-removable and has a capacity of 3300 mAh which is quite capable of providing one day backup on moderate to heavy usage.
The previous build of OnePlus series i.e. “OnePlus1” was based on Cyanogen Mod 12 which is same as Android stock version but it provides full customization capabilities to its users. In OnePlus2, a new UI is introduced by OnePlus and they have named it as “Oxygen OS”. It is also similar to stock Android Lollipop but has some additional modifications. The display of OnePlus2 is also pretty good outside and the viewing angles are great.
OnePlus2 was out of stock at the same time when it was first released. This depicts its popularity among people. Being a high-end smartphone, its $329 price is an astonishing factor for other smartphone manufacturers like Samsung, LG, HTC etc. So, OnePlus2 has dominated in the market and people are expecting another blast from OnePlus in the near future.